| Event Information
VP Research Seminar: Two NSF Grant Writing Workshops
VP Research Seminar Series
Robert Porter, Ph.D., GrantWinners Seminars
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
This workshop will cover basic principles of good grant writing and common pitfalls that can lead to early rejection of good ideas. Special attention will be paid to the perspectives of grant reviewers and how to write in ways that will meet their expectations.
· Killer mistakes in grant writing and how to avoid them
· Two critical steps that will double your chances for success
· How to win over the grant reviewer
· Simple keys to a more powerful writing style
· Visualization: Using illustrations to "sell" your project
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Dr. Porter will discuss how to build successful proposals by combining sound principles of grant writing with an understanding of NSF’s overall merit review process. This workshop will focus on critical aspects of interacting with NSF as well as proven techniques for effective writing in each section of the NSF grant proposal. Samples from successful proposals will be cited to illustrate key points.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 2, 2014
For more information: email@example.com
This Event is For: Graduate • Faculty • Post-Docs • Alumni